Monday, August 26, 2013

Four months

I'm trying to write this post without including any comparisons between Elijah and Abigail (as a baby). I just want to document his little face, and speak about how he steals my heart a little more every single day.

My little guy is four and a half months old.  He's sweet, as sweet as sugar, and loves his Ma ma.  His patience is impressive and demeanor easy going (except after 6:30 pm -- don't push your luck).  Elijah's favorite past times include chewing on his fingers, growling, blowing through his lips, looking at anything outside, listening to his Ma ma hum (not sing, hum), smiling at anyone who chooses to smile at him, and giving kisses.  He takes three to four naps a day, depending on the length, and is up 2-4 times per night.  (Up two times in the night is a great night's sleep for me, actually, just in case anyone is worried.)  He is still on a breast milk only diet, and unfortunately he can be a fussy eater, easily distracted, which can make day trips a little stressful, as he will choose not to eat for long stretches of time when away from home.  While tummy time is not his favorite activity, he doesn't mind it if there is something interesting to catch his eye.  His favorite place for tummy exercise is his sister's window seat, where he can look out into the yard.  He can roll from tummy to back and has almost made it from back to tummy  on numerous occasions.  Elijah generally likes the Ergo carrier, but sometimes prefers to sit in the stroller where he can see more of the sky.  He stands strong and holds his head up like a champ.  My little man just lights up when he sees my face.  I can't get enough of his smile.  I snuggle into his neck every time I pick him up and try to freeze time, because he'll only be this small for such a short amount of time.   
















3 comments: