Friday, January 21, 2011

Chocolate Oreo Drumstick

Last night after dinner Jake was holding Abigail while I ate a chocolate Oreo drumstick.  This was really a silly thing to be doing, considering the fact that I am quite ill and also haven't exercised in almost a week.  Nonetheless, that's what was happening.  Abigail was fascinated with my food item and kept opening and closing her mouth in her funny way as I ate, while beating her arms as though she could fly.  Fast forward to this afternoon when my little princess was refusing to eat her rice cereal and peaches.  We normally do our food routine at 10 am, but we had a house showing, so we spent the morning at the park.


Enjoying the Cove, where her parents got married
Always expressive
Climbing trees at a young age
Watching passing people
I couldn't get her to look at me...here she's contemplating eating my pants.
Our set up
This outing led to Abigail having her very first lunch, which wasn't going well.  I had already consumed my customary homemade chicken quesadilla with hummos and a glass of orange juice, which I thought might entice her appetite.  Then I performed every trick I knew: a variety of songs, dance moves, flying utensils, distraction techniques, and the charade of additional baby spoons.  It occurred to me that I could eat an ice cream, for the baby's sake, of course.  She was sitting in her chair happily, maybe she would then decide that food was interesting again.  So for the sole purpose of feeding my infant daughter, I martyred my waistline and began eating my drumstick.  The upper dome of ice cream was already gone with no effect when I began losing hope, though in a very pleasant way, really, because I love chocolate.  Then all of the sudden her little mouth opened up wide.  I got through all the rice cereal (knowing she was not really a fan of the peaches) and put my dessert down to scrape the plate.  She looked at it on the counter until I picked it up again and started slowly eating it while feeding her peaches.  She ate every bite, plus half a jar of peas.  Hilarious baby--knows a good thing when she sees it, even if it doesn't taste quite like rice cereal with breast milk, peaches, and peas!  

And extra pictures, for fun!

Just waking up from a nap with one red cheek from laying in my arms

So, so sweet

Messy eating later that day

Our tiny chemist

Loving the toy from her Grandma Barbara




2 comments:

  1. This is so so sweet! I love all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now tell me...in chemist language...is the ice cream the precipitate in the equation? Just wondering ;-)

    What a joy to enjoy that little one! Thanks for sharing your joy with us. Love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete