Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sports Fan

I didn't grow up as a sports fan.  We didn't have a team or a sport in my family, and that seemed fine and dandy.  I actually lacked a reasonable respect for football back then.  It looked pretty easy to me.  They stop after every play, so they don't have to run for a sustained period.  How hard could it really be?  The first time I played a game of flag football I was sore for a week...sprinting every play, twisting and turning, catching and running.  How fun!  

Jake comes from a family of football fans.  The Saints are their team, appropriately so, as he and David grew up in New Orleans.  They had season tickets as kids and share many, many memories of those times, along with a true love for the team.  I never really knew how fun it was to be a sports fan until I started driving around with a Chargers bolt on my car.  People are nicer (or meaner) and more likely to chat.  It's part of loving a city for me, now, and I love San Diego.  Though Abigail will surely cheer for the Saints, the Chargers are her home team.  Now if only we could get a new coach.  Go Chargers!

This is her "bring it" face

Thinking about Norv Turner

Her game face is better than mine

Go Chargers!

My sweetness

Smiling at me while falling asleep








 Jake was the photographer for the Chargers photo shoot, so I got some precious pictures of her looking at me.  Sometimes her little eyes and face just pierce me with love and happiness.  It's the best experience of my life.








3 comments:

  1. I love all of her great facial expressions!
    I also went through the journey of not caring about football to enjoying it :). That being said, you think Turner is the problem? Also, did you catch River's face last week when that extra point went badly? Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete