Monday, December 27, 2010

Baby's First Christmas

I can't believe it's over already!  I love the holiday season for so many reasons--family, music, cookies, trees, present-giving, baking and an excuse to be extra cheerful--I'm always sad to see it go.  This Christmas was special, as Abigail's first, but I recognize that's more for me and Jake than for her.  She won't remember being 4 months old, how adorable she was, the ways in which her little personality shone through in baby talk and her expressive face.  So here's a fun memory for us to share with her in the years to come: this past month Abigail has been very particular about which Christmas carols she likes and dislikes.  I will start in on a carol and she'll either listen attentively or start protesting immediately.  If she likes a carol she'll listen through as many verses as I can remember, but if she doesn't there is a zero tolerance policy.  She will not stop grunting and moaning until I switch songs.  If I choose a favorite, then she'll immediately calm and listen.  This process was well tested as we did a lot of holiday driving.  The trips home from Riverside or holiday parties were often carol-critiques.  Unfortunately, Abigail does NOT like my favorite Christmas song (O Holy Night).  Trust me, I tried plenty of times.  She was having none of it.  Funny baby.

This year I was up until 1 am on Christmas Eve baking desserts for Christmas dinner at my parents' house.  Since our baby isn't really aware of Christmas, it was fun to have a quiet evening with Jake, eating cookies and cider in between cleaning, wrapping, and baking.  Life is so different now then just a year ago, when I was hoping with all my heart that my pregnancy would be a healthy one and we'd be able to expand our family of two.  Now all our presents were Abigail-centered and our joy was found not beneath the tree but beside it. 

Pictures sections below: Family photo shoot, Christmas Eve walk, Christmas Day!



I set up a tripod on the stairs :)


I love this picture of me and my angel.


Christmas Eve 2010, sunset at Windansea Beach






Christmas Morning 2010

Opening her present from Uncle Dave-o
Not sure about Curious George
Yep, really not sure about it.
Pink monster was intriguing
She liked the paper, of course
Considering her present from Aunt Debi
Straight to the mouth = approval
A glimpse of the madness in the living room
Sisters!
Wiener Family Christmas 2010
Cute upside-down baby

4 comments:

  1. You guys look soooooo happy. I love it! The beach walk on Christmas Eve must have been amazing. You should make that a tradition! Can't wait to see you in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy! I'm excited to see you and meet the twins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful summary of a wonderful day! And, yes...isn't it funny that the babies are the time clocks now on how long our celebrations go? Other than Denise's family schedule, the fussy baby departures were the time clocks for the day! Our loving, changing, family! Thanks for a great post, sweetie! xoxo Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry 1st Christmas to baby Abigail & Happy New Year to your new family! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete