Friday, February 25, 2011

6 months, 2 weeks, 1 day

Here are just a FEW things that I love about my little girl at this particular phase:

  • She says all kinds of words that I wish I could understand.
  • When she smiles her cheeks get so round and pink that I could just eat them.
  • She laughs and hunches forward when I tickle the top middle of her back.
  • Her huge smile upon seeing me walk back into a room after doing some chore indicates that she doesn't yet realize that I'm the one who strapped her into that swing contraption in the first place.
  • She wants to stand on everything, including my moving legs as we go for walks with her strapped into the moby.
  • She leans all the way forward and puts her face on the ground to taste the blanket or carpet or sand between her knees.
  • She rests her head on a pillow or my shoulder when she's tired.
  • She's just starting to reach to indicate that she wants me to pick her up.
  • Her two bottom teeth are particularly visible when she's talking and laughing.
  • When we walk by the ocean she will sometimes start laughing and I look down into her face to find her staring at the sea.
  • She checks to make sure we are near her even when she's distracted by play.
  • She has the cutest little closed-lip smile in addition to her big grin.
Our baby girl is full of life and love.  I am so grateful for her.

Happy Friday!








1 comment: