Thursday, October 21, 2010

Indescribable

Beginning to document something as life altering as parenthood is challenging.  I didn't know if I should start with pregnancy, tell the birth story, or show thousands of pictures.  Time certainly didn't stop as I tried to figure it out.   Abigail is 10 weeks old already, so I figured I better start somewhere.  Suffice it to say that my experience thus far has been amazing and really indescribable.  I'll let our faces tell the story of mom and baby.  We have a very special bond, one that I knew I would love but could never have known of its depth before experiencing it first-hand.  I love my baby girl and she loves me, so I am going to use the world wide web to share our life with all my friends and family who cannot be with us in person.  I hope you enjoy my stories.
 Our first day with Abigail on the "outside" as I liked to say.  I was so grateful and relieved that she came to my arms safe and sound.
 She looks so tiny to me here.  Those first weeks were not easy, for sure, but the mixture of joy and pain (of the physical nature) was a unique and empowering experience.  We learned that we can do it as a family.
 A favorite sleeping place for both of us.
 There's nothing as sweet as a sleepy, sleepy baby.
 She's always been extremely expressive, and it's wonderful to see her eyes looking at me.
 Sharing a moment.
 About to take a bath.
 Getting ready for an evening walk.
I spend all day with the little miss and often experiment with photo shoots, mostly of the baby, but I try to get myself in there sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. I love how precious this is. So so priceless. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it is precious. Also, I can't believe how good you looked after just having had her. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete