Thursday, October 21, 2010

A mother's love

My mom is the best mom ever, in case you didn't know.  She is talented, loving, insightful, beautiful, committed, helpful, and all together great.  From the moment I became pregnant she was an emotional resource.  She coached Jake and I on the birthing process and was there for our labor and delivery.  She's an amazing doula and I'm so happy that she found her calling in helping birthing mothers. 
Here I am in labor, with Mom there from the moment we reached the hospital.  She's wearing a Soaring Spirits Loss Foundation T-shirt because she was volunteering for Michele's Widow Camp the day before my labor began.  She's super mom!


Mom came down to make me food and help out once Abigail was home.  She drove to and from San Diego (3 hours round trip) three times in a week.  I only wish we lived in a village, so we could have these moments more often.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Danielle! Abigail is gorgeous. Time flies, doesn't it? Lyra is over 8 months old already and almost walking. Crazy. Enjoy those precious days with your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your mom gets to spend so much time with you guys. Since having a baby, I have a whole new appreciate of my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could live in a village and gather all the kiddos from La Jolla to New York; from Palm Springs to Simi Valley; from Los Angeles to Riverside to Redlands. And then we can gather all the adopted kiddos from...well, you know...

    Danielle, I am moved deeply by your posts here (all of them) but am so glad I keep clicking to get back to these original ones. I am certainly not all that, but I treasure the love which brought your words (a love that you now understand better through the love of your little munchkin!) Love you so much...Mom

    ReplyDelete