Thursday, October 21, 2010

Jake getting to know Abigail

It wasn't until Abigail arrived that I realized how different the experience of meeting her would be for me and Jake.  I felt like I knew her.  My heartbeat was her rhythm.  My voice was her soundtrack.  Jake was, of course, talking to her throughout the pregnancy and waiting in anticipation for the moment when he would get to feel and see her.  It was so easy to see the joy and love in his eyes when he met her.  It continues to delight me, witnessing the moments that they share.  Here are a few of my favorites so far!
 This picture was taken the evening of her birth.  I love the teary face that Jake has as he admires her.
 He takes every opportunity to hold our sleepy angel....
 and sometimes join in.  Abigail did not wear much clothing her first few weeks.  It was hot at our house and we got to see her little tummy and arms and legs.  She certainly didn't want for "skin to skin" time, since there was plenty.
 Aaaaw.
She was fascinated with his fingers floating around in front of her face when she was very little.  Jake called it the "five-apotomus".

1 comment:

  1. Jake is so precious as a dad. He had us all crying as a fiancee (when Alane taped him talking about you) but I think his daddy-mode is even more touching. Beyond sweet. xo

    ReplyDelete